Welcome in our green hotel
At the BEST WESTERN PLUS downtown Quebec, we are proud to be part of the GREEN KEY Eco-estimation. The system was designed to recognize hotels that commit to improve their environmental performance. Following the creation of a green committee, we have taken several steps to reduce our environmental imprint.
- Recycling of paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and metal (recycling bins in all units and public areas);
- Water management and use of green products;
- Energy management (compact fluorescent and LED lighting and energy saving control system for the rooms);
- Waste reduction at source by the application of the 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle);
- Providing of a charging station for electric vehicles (CS90 model, 90AMP power);
- Establishment of an herbs and flowers mini-garden on our roof;
- Our hotel is entirely non-smoking;
- Customers that are member of the Best Western Rewards program can donate a portion of their points to “Plant a tree” organization allowing the planting of new trees.
We will continue to better ourselves for what is the ecological development of our enterprise in the future and pursue our progress in the matter of a sustainable tourism.
Always in the interest of environmental friendliness, the green committee of our hotel invites you to:
- Turn off all electrical appliances after use;
- Use the recycling bin of your room;
- Turn off lights when you leave the room;
- Turn off air conditioning when the windows are open;
- Reuse your towels, by hanging them.
Our front desk clerks will also be pleased to inform you of the public transportation services (RTC) in the city.
Thank you for helping us to help preserve our environment!